Text doesn't make it to the wiki, but can be seen in the search

Nov 16, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Hello,

A very promising looking tool. However...

I've run the tool against a folder of word documents. It appeared to work really nicely, however the text doesn't seem to quite make it up to the wiki-

If I search in the wiki, it can find the text on the page (the search shows both article title matches, and page text matches displaying everything I would expeect to see), but when I select the page in the search, it shows a page with no content.

There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

Navigating to the pages directly similarly shows no content in the page.

Which versions of media wiki does the tool support?

Hope you can help.
Nov 16, 2007 at 2:45 PM
Update to the above:

I can see the text imported into the xxxxxtext database table, (in the oldtext column).

so it definately made it to the wiki. it just isn't displayed on the pages.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2007 at 3:47 PM
At my jobsite we are using MediaWiki v1.7.0. I've seen the symptoms you are describing on occasion. I have never figured out what was happening because the import works most of the time for us. I have noticed that it sometimes takes the Wiki a little time to show the article even though the import is immediate. Even if I do a Ctrl+Refresh it can take a few minutes. There must be caching going on at the PHP level.