Images only show up as links

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Hello, I'm able to import documents into my wiki, but images only show up as links. The image files themselves (.jpg) show up in my \images directory, but the database apparently doesn't know they are there. If I manually upload the jpg's through mediawiki, then the wiki pages are complete with images. Looking at the source code, it appears that StoreImageInDB is not yet implemented. Am I expecting too much from this release or do I need to change some settings in my wiki for the images to display correctly?? Thanks for your help.
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM
Currently the program only converts the files, places them in the directory you specify, and set up an HTML link in the wiki markup.  To view the images in the article, you have to set up a WWW virtual root that points to the image directory where it dropped the files.  We need to extend the program in order to have it upload as "true" wiki images.  There are a few issues with doing this, which is why we went with the "HTML link" approach in this initial version.